Iron Maiden in Singapore Feb'11: Expectations


Iron Maiden is performing in Singapore on 15th February.
I have tickets. But I am not sure if I'll enjoy the show.

There'll be too much peer pressure in the squeaky-clean Singapore Indoor Stadium to head-bang. My friends and I will look lost while a much younger demographic will chant lyrics to songs I don't know. I shall make full use of my knowledge about the songs 'Hallowed by thy name' and 'Fear of the Dark' and sing the title phrase melodiously when it comes up. For the rest I've decided to google the songs at the venue as the band starts singing them, for such ignorance must be perished.

My flatmate Rohan and I made a collection of 'must listen to and practice head-banging' Iron Maiden songs. Sadly it lay unused all these weeks. Instead of Iron Maiden, I chose to listen to GLEE cover versions. Is this an slippery downslide from earthy heavy metal that'll end with Justin Bieber?

This identity crisis must end! The head-banging on 15th Feb shall mean more than just a pain in the neck. And I hope to live up to the challenge.

Comments

  1. Disappointing blog to say the least!! The only saving grace is the graph... That only looks attractive but does not convey what the heck its trying to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah so true man .. the first concert i attend of any band, i will choose one which has had only 2 -3 albums released .. easier to handle :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment