If you do any of these activities on the Web
1. Read Blogs
2. Keep track of news
3. Look for specific content (e.g. articles on Web Analytics)
Or would like to
4. Share your favourite articles with your friends
5. Read more in less amount of time
Then an RSS aggregator (like Google Reader) is the right tool for you.
What does Google Reader do?
It helps you to Aggregate content (collect from various sources like blogs, websites); Sort content (tag them, mark them as starred); Recommend content (share them,mail them). Believe me, once you start using it, it is addictive!
How to use Google Reader
(1) Google Reader Window (For Beginners)
Once you are logged into gmail - in a new tab, type http://google.com/reader/
Add subscription(s) as is explained below.
(2) iGoogle (For IT Comfortable People)
Add the widget for Google Reader onto your iGoogle. All items can be read from within the same page.
(3) Within Gmail Window (Using IT Geeks)
Subscribing to RSS Feeds
In your opened google reader window, to subscribe to any feed, copy the link, then paste it in the Add Subscription box (marked in yellow below).
The web has immense amount of interesting content. And it requires some effort to read exactly what you want to read.There are normal ways to do this, and there are smart ways. Please choose the smart way!