That Ugly Thing



Notice that ugly thing on the table.

No, I mean to the left.

No, I mean the Extreme Left.

Yes, those are the new ugly vases in our mess.

Like all things unwanted and management based, the vases were introduced to achieve four objectives:

1. To obscure vision
2. To reduce conversations
3. To help finish meals faster
4.To annoy students in general

Prior to this, people looked forward to mess banter. Nowadays, our seating action is promptly followed by a grunt and a swift displacement of the vase to the farthest corner of the table. I always assumed that cribbing about inane things and being morose about bright fake flowers was encouraged. But over the past week I've started getting dirty looks and dwindling meal company. So I decided to put it down in the blog and exhaust my vexation.

The part that bugs me the most is that it hides the face of the person seated opposite. They come in four colors - Ugly Pink, Ugly Yellow, Ugly Red and Ugly Orange. Given my subtle tendency to choose female company, these aren't my favourite shades for a romantic dinner at all. The vases are also cheap and extremely light weight, evidence which only strengthens my fear that the mess is actively cost-cutting, vigorously and with no consequence - Like girls making their own version of coffee with one less spoon of sugar. Morons.

To lend a sturdy base to the monstrosity, it is filled with sand. Ahh...I can't wait for it to fall into someone's Happy Meal.

Comments

  1. I wish to laugh. But I can't.
    I can see the immense pain perpetrated by those 'bakar ke dushman'!

    I often try to put this vast vase in the neighboring table, which often ends up having two of them ... so that I can talk in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I read it late, but still the painful memories came alive after reading your post. But I wish to bring back those days of incessant cursing and bakar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment